Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Recap

Let’s have a little recap of the past couple of months that I’ve missed blogging about.
August: I turned 26! I celebrated the day by having a gaggle of the neighborhood kids come over to my house and throw flowers and leaves at me while yelling happy birthday. You may be thinking huh? But trust me, I was happy it was flowers and leaves, they have a tradition here of throwing flour and eggs at the birthday person.  I’ve seen it happen a few times to high school students, doesn’t look that fun at least not for the victim. We had a little party and I made s’mores for them. They loved them and keep asking me when we can make some more, but unfortunately graham crackers are non-existent here. So thank you Stone family for the package, and muchas gracias from my neighborhood friends.
I attended my close of service conference and got really stressed out about my service ending and real life beginning again. It was a bombardment of the truth. What I need to do before leaving and what I need to do when I get home, most importantly get a job.
I missed the big gala event that the business volunteers throw every year, due to a terrible stomach issue. I’ve recovered, I think. In October, before I’m cleared to go home I have to have 3 days filled with medical appointments and tests. We’ll have to see what exactly is living inside my intestinal tract.
September: Just normal classes and life in Muy Muy. Just when I’m forgetting about my quickly approaching departure date, someone brings up the fact that I’m leaving soon. And it’s normally followed by them saying that I probably will never return to visit them, which I try to reassure them that I’ll come back to visit but I can’t set a date right now. It all goes back to that issue of getting a job and earning money.
Apparently September is the season for pig slaughtering because I’ve witnessed two within a week of each other. I’ve never eaten so much pork in my life. It’s delicious but another issue I’ll have resolved in my medical appointments. My blood pressure and cholesterol are probably extremely high due to the heightened consumption of salt and oil/fat. As my medical appointments approach I become more and more of a hypochondriac. I’ve started making a list of the all the tests I want run and concerns I want answered.

Basically, the only thing that I’ve missed blogging about is my stressing out. And it just keeps getting worse with each day that I cross off my calendar. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetheart! I know this is not what you want to hear but- regardless of money or a job, we ALL love you! Way more than you will ever be able to understand. We are here for you through thick and thin. I hate to speak for everyone you know, but we are all VERY excited that you are returning to the states!!! We are looking forward to spoiling you rotten! Food, hugs, maybe just sitting and looking at you!! You have been missed and I for one am very happy that your days are counting down :) Yes, I am EXTREAMLY proud of you and your accomplishments. There are many more chapters in your life to be written and adventures to be had. Not that it matters but, Try to relax. Don`t worry about things here. Enjoy the last part of your journey THERE. You know it is not a closed part of your life. This will always hold a very special part in your heart. How could it not? You will return, no doubt to greet your many friends again. Sweetheart, you are a special person. That is why they all fell in love you too. BUT...61 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hang in there. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.. ment to write 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete