Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adios Minnesota

My countdown to departure continues....15 days!
As my departure date creeps closer and closer the number of goodbyes grows bigger and bigger. This was my last official weekend in Minnesota and tomorrow I will pack up the remaining things (which is pretty sparse) in my apartment and make my way to Wisconsin. This last weekend in Minnesota was the best! I spent the weekend with a group of great friends and had a bit too much fun, maybe.
Although today was pretty hard to say goodbye to everyone. I'm going to miss my friends and family so much and it's really difficult saying "goodbye, I'll see you later" when I don't know when later is. I don't know what I'm going to do without them. I do know some of my friends are seeking replacements for me, good luck! If a replacement is brought in they better not get too comfortable because I do plan on coming back and resuming my position.
There are so many things I'm going to miss about Minnesota and others that I'm not going to miss at all.
I will miss: family, friends, the lakes, the Current, Corepower Yoga, Grand Ave., my school and students, the cherry and spoon, DL, and much much more.
I will not miss: 9 month winters, feet and feet of snow, subzero temperatures, Minnesotan accents you betcha!, terrible sports teams; there's really not all that many negatives other than weather related topics.
And since I've grown such a disdain for Minnesotan winters I've officially decided I don't plan on coming back for visits during October - May because there's a possibility that Minnesota will be experiencing snow and winter conditions. My visits will be in June - September because the summer is the best season!
On that note, hasta la vista Minnesota I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment