Thursday, November 24, 2011

La Linsi

Spanish to English translation: The Lindsey
That's right! For those of you that have heard/seen my high school graduation announcement and the typo that stated "Come celebrate the Lindsey" it's somehow followed me all the way to Nicaragua, Thank you Mom and Justin!
Lindsey seems to be quite a difficult name to pronounce for anyone outside the US, but I'm trying really hard to pronounce it with a Spanish accent so people will actually call me Lindsey and not Nancy. I don't know how Lindsey translates to Nancy, but oh well.
My new site is going.......well it's going. I don't have anything to do in my site because school is on "summer" vacation until February so I'm spending most of my days sitting in the park reading books and having gaggles (I know it applies to geese, but I like the word) of children surround me and quiz me on Spanish/English words. I've successfully finishing a book in record speed of 2 days, I may need to purchase a bigger library.
My rat problem may be better. I haven't seen any but I'm still awakened in the middle of the night by bumps in the night and unfortunately my puffy bags under my eyes are getting worse and worse by the day. Well I'd better go, I'm going to try and mail Steve's free trade agreement goods, I hope they make it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I really wish I could be there to celebrate with you all! Please enjoy extra helpings for me because while I'm eating my rice and beans I'm going to imagine it's turkey and other Thanksgiving fixings. I'm imagining the scene from HOOK where they have any imaginary food fight.....watch the movie and you'll understand.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you realize I'm only referring to you as "The Lindsey" at all future family functions.

    I miss you! This Thanksgiving I was thankful to be in America, BUT also that I have a badass cousin continuing our epic Peace Corps tradition! Have no fear. Delicious food will still be here when you return, I promise:) Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete