Saturday, November 5, 2011

Time is flying by

Training is almost over! I still can´t believe it´s already November and I´ve been in Nicaragua for 2 months already. I also can´t believe it´s November because the weather here is always the same, I don´t have the changing leaves or cooler temperatures to gauge my seasons anymore; instead I´ll be judging seasons by rainy versus dry...hmmm....
I have only 1 more week of Spanish class left and will be having my last language exam on Wednesday, I hope I´ve improved enough to clear the little hill from Intermediate low to intermediate mid. My Spanish has most definitely improved from day 1, but I still find myself bewildered and confused on certain days.
I can feel the stress mounting and it reached a peak the other day when I simply broke down in the middle of Spanish class and started crying. Why did I start crying? I don´t know....We were learning about different time phrases and I could feel the tears welling up. I cried for a little bit and laughed at myself for being a crazy mess, and luckily my training friends helped me by giving me chocolate and other candy. Also, the best part was receiving all the mail from my family and friends later that day. Thank you all so much! I was still stressed so I pretty much devoured the treats that were sent over the course of the week and laughed while reading the letters and cards. I felt a little pang of homesickness when looking at the school pictures of my cousins and after reading all the People and US Weekly magazines (Thank you Grandma!) and realizing how little information I hear about the world outside of Nicaragua. And obviously I´m talking about the important stuff like Beyonce is pregnant!?! Ashton and Demi are on the rocks?!? But really some important worldly information like Amanda Knox is now free from her Itailian prison and Steve Jobs died....Yes those of you in the states should know about all of this especially since this all occurred at least a month ago, but just in case you´re out of the loop like I am I´ll share the knowledge.
Nicaraguan News: The presidential elections are on Sunday and we´ll have to wait and see who the winner is. I´ll update you on the information.
Thank you for sending mail. I miss you and love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetheart! Hang in there. I know it must be frustrating for you at times. I can`t imagine! I am glad that you received everything and enjoyed it. Now that I know how long it takes to get things to you.. I am thinking about Christmas. Can I send you a box or do you only want an envelope again? Are there things I can and can`t send? Grandma said you technically are not to send food etc.. I guess I forgot to claim that in the last package. OOPS! Hope you do well on your test. I think you are ready for a change of pace. Maybe teaching will be better. Miss you and Love you! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can send a box. Others have received boxes without problems. I don't think there's anything that you can't send, but you do have to fill out the customs claim.

    ReplyDelete