Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's still so DAMN hot!!

After catching up with sleep in the Best Western in Managua (I was comatose), Lindz and I took a very long taxi ride to drop off the suitcase filled with food at the Peace Corp Office, the smell of exhaust was overwhelming. Then we took another ride to the bus depot to catch a bus for Leon. Lindsey had briefed me on the size and the amount of people prior to getting on the bus...we missed the first one because the lack of speed and dexterity Lindsey and I had fighting our way to the bus. We grabbed the second one though. We arrived in Leon which in Lindsey's sense of direction is Southwest....but in reality, it is Northwest. We got to our hostel -- BigFoot, on the way, we ran across several Festiva's (I really miss mine) and a possible DeLorean -- it looked just like the one Doc Brown had in the 80's!! Then we went off to Poneloya beach on the Pacific Ocean on a yellow school bus that was packed full! When I say full, I mean everyone was touching -- the front and back doors were open, and people were on the top of the bus! After a long ride on the hot bus, we arrived at the beach. It was beautiful! It was extremely windy while we were there so the waves were crashing in. I went out for a swim, surprisingly the water wasn't cold at all! It was quite nice. The undertow was so strong, I couldn't believe it. I met a lot of Lindsey's fellow volunteers while we were there, they are all very nice. We attempted to hitchhike back to Leon, but to no avail, we took the yellow school bus again.

Today, Lindsey and I are off the Cerro Negro for Volcano Boarding. It is basically sledding down a hill at a 40 degree slope, the only difference is no snow, only sand a rocks. You can go to YouTube and see a video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ij0HUw350 Hopefully Lindsey and I don't end up with road rash all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment