Saturday, March 3, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham: Nica Style

I do not like rice and bean
I do not like them, Dean
You're mean
I do not like them at every meal
I did not sign up for that deal
I do not like them cold
They lack a flavor bold
I do not like them in a haste
I do not like what they do to my waist
I do not like rice and bean
I do not like them Dean
Why are you so mean?
I will cook soon
and might change my tune
but right now
they make me feel like a cow

I wrote this little diddity a while ago and just found it now. I'm quite proud of my work and now that I'm living on my own....I would actually enjoy some gallo pinto right about now. I've been eating lots of PB & J sandwiches, oatmeal and fruit. I'm eating worse than a college student and if you look inside of my refrigerator you'll find: raisins, sugar, water and mayonnaise. Pathetic I know. So I'm going to break my descansa (break) from gallo pinto and attempt to cook some on Sunday, the only day that I actually have time. I'm sure it will not be as good as if a Nicaraguan made it and it won't prove that I can cook, but hopefully it will be edible. Also, I'll probably make enough for the week and just eat that for the week. HAHA.
Only 20 more days until Justin comes to visit and I'll have a supply of goodies from the US! I can't wait for all the stuff he's going to bring to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linds! I've been put on bed rest and now I have been able to catch up on your blog! I love hearing your stories and picturing you in your house. It sounds like you are very settled and busy! I'm proud of you and missing you! I'm so glad Justin is visiting soon, that will be an awesome experience for you both. Lots of love and hugs. Jenny

    ReplyDelete